At royal way opposite the new SANGS hut, an operation to remove the Japanese knotweed has commenced for three days. These works are supervised by a Japanese knotweed specialist.
- The Northern access roundabout works are progressing well, a small soak away has had to be constructed to take away the excess groundwater from the road.
- South east water have installed the water main and are due to commence the testing and chlorination of the new main, upon satisfactory test results received the connection and commissioning will be made to the existing water main.
- The tarmac base and binder courses is being laid to the junction of Royal way – Link road. The final surface course will be left until construction traffic in this area ceases.
- Brunswick road works commence this week, including setting out the traffic management and lane closure.
- The SANGS footpaths final finish surface and root protection are still ongoing.
- The pump house south of Brunswick road has progressed well and the rising main will be complete this week.
- The internal & external fit out of the SANGS hut is nearing completion at the end of this week and ongoing with the SANGS car park.